At Vanguard Vascular & Vein in Rowlett, Texas, we feature a state-of-the-art vascular lab staffed by highly experienced and certified registered vascular technologists. Our on-site vascular lab offers advanced ultrasound imaging studies for the non-invasive diagnosis of vascular disease. This allows us to obtain studies in a direct, timely fashion, from our experienced vascular sonographers. Our vascular lab is accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) in peripheral venous, peripheral arterial, carotid, and visceral arterial testing.
In-Office Diagnostics include:
- Carotid artery duplex – This ultrasound scan is performed on carotid (neck) arteries to detect carotid artery disease or blockages in the arteries to the brain that may increase the risk of stroke (cerebrovascular disease).
- Aortic artery duplex – This ultrasound scan is performed on the aorta to detect an aneurysm, which is a dilation of the aortic artery. The ultrasound will give details such as the location of the aneurysm and the size, which will dictate when an intervention is necessary to prevent rupture.
- Renal artery duplex – This ultrasound scan is performed on renal (kidney) arteries to detect circulatory disorders of the kidneys that cause renal artery disease, including hypertension (high blood pressure) or kidney failure.
- Mesenteric duplex – This ultrasound scan is performed on mesenteric arteries (vessels that deliver blood to the intestines) to detect disorders of circulation to the intestines, or mesenteric arterial disease.
- Venous duplex of the extremities – This ultrasound scan is performed on veins in the arms and legs to detect deep venous thrombosis (DVT), or blood clots in the veins that could migrate to the lungs.
- Arterial duplex of the extremities – This ultrasound scan is performed on veins in the arms and legs to detect peripheral arterial disease (PAD), or blockages in circulation to the arms or legs due to atherosclerosis or other diseases.
- Segmental limb pressures – This test uses blood pressure measurements taken at multiple levels on the arms or legs to evaluate the amount of blood flow going into the arteries of the extremities.