Kidney Failure in Dallas, TX
Vanguard Vascular & Vein treats kidney failure for the residents of Garland, Rowlett, and the Greater Dallas area.
According to the National Institute of Health, 10% of all adults in the country live with some degree of chronic kidney disease. Left untreated, the condition advances to kidney failure, a condition that affects more than 500,000 people each year. Approximately 20% to 40% of those living with diabetic kidney disease develop kidney failure. Kidney failure affects people in different ways, but some of the most common effects of kidney failure are fatigue, loss of appetite and leg cramps, as well chronic itching, sleeping problems, restless legs, weak bones, joint problems, and depression. Because the kidneys also help maintain hormone and mineral levels in the blood, people may develop problems with their bones, nerves, and skin.
Am I at Risk for Kidney Failure?
The greatest risk factors for kidney failure are the following:
- Age, with older adults being at greater risk
- Chronic health problems such as kidney disease, liver disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart failure, or obesity
Other factors that may place you at risk for kidney failure are as follows:
- Conditions that cause a significant decrease in blood flow to the kidneys, such as heavy blood loss, injury, sepsis, and dehydration that damages the kidneys
- Long-term use of medications, such as certain antibiotics, pain medications, and blood pressure medications
- Blockages in the kidneys that keep urine from efficiently leaving the kidneys
What Are the Symptoms of Kidney Failure?
Some people with kidney failure do not experience symptoms. Others experience one or more symptoms, such as the following:
- Production of very little or no urine
- Swelling, especially of the legs and feet
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
- Feelings of confusion or anxiety
- Restlessness or fatigue
- Localized pain in the back just below the rib cage
How Does the Vanguard Way Help Me with Kidney Failure?
At Vanguard Vascular & Vein, we work closely with you to develop an individualized treatment plan to help you and your family with the challenges of kidney failure. Providing you with the utmost care is our highest priority.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment with one of our vascular surgeons in our Garland or Rowlett, Texas office, call Vanguard Vascular & Vein at (972) 487-1818.
Vanguard Vascular & Vein is a leading vascular care provider serving Garland, Rowlett, and the Greater Dallas area. Our patients rely on us for individualized care and a holistic approach that addresses all of their vascular care needs. We are the first practice in the area, and one of only five in the country, to receive Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI) accreditation. The accreditation assures our patients that the care they receive meets the highest professional standards for vascular ultrasound interpretation. To learn more about the Vanguard Way, please visit our About Us page.